Population Of Agartala 2018
Agartala is the capital and also the biggest city of the state of Tripura. Besides, it is the second greatest city in North-east India after Guwahati, both in population and civil zone. The city is the seat of the Government of Tripura. Agartala is a section of two words, Agar, a kind of smooth slick aroma tree, + tala, a storeroom. The city is controlled by the Agartala Municipal Corporation. Agartala is situated on the bank of the Haora River and is discovered 2 km from the Bangladesh Border.
The people out here are warm and very friendly to talk to. Moreover, the city boasts of some scenic attractions.
Population Of Agartala In 2018:
As of the 2011 Indian registration, in education segment, total number of literates in the city is 343,633 of which 174,524 represent males and 169,109 are females.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Agartala in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –438,408
2. 2014 –471,400
3. 2015 –522,613
4. 2016 – 551,668
5. 2017 – 581,960
Predicting the 2018 population of Agartala is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 27,710 people . Hence, the population of Agartala in 2018 is forecast to be 581,960 +27,710 = 609,670. So, the population of Agartala in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 609,670.
Agartala Population 2018 –609,670 (estimated).
Demography Of Agartala:
The literacy rate is 93.88%, of which male and female literacy rates are 95.75 and 92.02 percent exclusively. The sex proportion of the city is 1002 females for every 1000 male. In 1941 the city had a population of about 17,693. By 1991 the population went up to 157,358. Bengali is the official state tongue and the most regularly utilized dialect in Agartala while English is moreover a notable dialect in the state. Furthermore, kokborok is spoken by the Tripuri individuals. As demonstrated by the 2001 measurements, 87.70% of the population is Hindu, 9% are Muslim, 1.88% Christian and around 1.6% Buddhist. The rest consists of Jains, Sikhs and diverse religions. Agartala as a city generally involves Bengali’s and Tripuris.
Population Density And Growth Of Agartala:
The population density is 10,119 persons per square kilometre. The population growth of the city is around 2.94% and it is direct in contrast with different urban communities. The developing number of worker population has likewise been one reason for the current population development. There have been various individuals migrating to this city because of different reasons and it has some way or another helped the city in terms of growing population.
Facts About Agartala:
1. Agartala a tempest affected clammy subtropical climate with a ton of storm consistently. The city experiences hot and wet summers and it continues from April to October.
2. Krishnanagar is one of the most densely populated parts in the city. It constitutes the popular temples of Agartala like Jagannnatha temple and Alpkhbaba temple. Most well known restaurants of the city like Samba and Tandoori Hut are located here.
3. It is managed by the Agartala Municipal Corporation, which segments the city into wards.
4. There is moreover a developing population of the local Tripuri people in the city. Among the local Tripuri festivities, the most popular are Tripuri New Year and Tring.
5. The Nobel laureate, Rabindranath Tagore visited this majestic city more than once and furthermore made a house that still exists.
Now find the latest population of Agartala in 2019 here