Population Of Chandigarh 2018
Chandigarh is a city and furthermore union territory in northern India that fills in as the capital of Punjab and in addition Haryana. As a union territory, Chandigarh is overseen particularly by the Union Government and is not a segment of either state.
Chandigarh Capital Region is a region in north India, including locales of the Union Territory of Chandigarh, Punjab(Mohali District) and Haryana(Panchkula range). The region includes the urban communities of Chandigarh, Panchkula, Mohali, Zirakpur and Kharar. It was one of the early planned urban areas amid post-Independence India and is known internationally for its designing and urban setup. It is a must visit for everyone as it has a portion of the best places to eat, shop, relax and many more.
Population Of Chandigarh In 2018:
As per the 2011 India enumeration, the city had a population of 1,055,450, making for a density of around 9252 persons per square kilometre. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Chandigarh in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 – 1,039,186
2. 2014 – 1,080,753
3. 2015 – 1,123,983
4. 2016 – 1,165,565
5. 2017 – 1,198,834
Predicting the 2018 population of Chandigarh is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 31,929 people. Hence, the population of Chandigarh in 2018 is forecast to be 1,198,834 + 31,929 = 1,230,763. So, the population of Chandigarh in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 1,230,763.
Chandigarh Population 2018 –1,230,763. (estimated).
Demography Of Chandigarh:
Around 55% of the population is males and females 45%. The sex proportion is 818 females for 1,000 males –which is the third most minimal in the country, up from 773 in the year 2001. The child sex proportion is 880 females for thousand males, up from 819 in 2001. The city has a literacy rate of 86.77%, with male proficiency of 90.81% and female proficiency of 81.88%. 10.8% of the population of the city is under 6 years of age.
Population Density And Growth Of Chandigarh:
The population density of the city is 9252 persons per square kilometre. There has been a noteworthy abatement in the population growth rate in the city with just 17.10% development between 2001-2011. Since 1951-1961 the rate has reduced from 394.13% to 17.10%. This is apparently because of quick urbanization and change in neighbouring urban communities. The urban population constitutes 97.25% of the total and the rustic population makes up around 2.75% as there is simply couple of towns inside Chandigarh and larger part of people live in the core of Chandigarh or known as the city.
Facts About Chandigarh:
1. Chandigarh came into notice post-independence as the capital of Punjab during that time was Lahore and required another capital.
2. The Central Plaza in Sector 17 is called Pedestrian’s Paradise planned to ignore any sort of activity and is a favored destination for people on ends of the week as it houses restaurants, clothing stores and much more.
3. Tree manor was an imperative piece of the city’s plan. This is the inspiration behind why there are about 26 sprouting species and 22 trees species planted at various spots over Chandigarh.
4. It is a union territory under the Central Government and it furthermore is the capital of Haryana and Punjab.
5. It is noticed that the parts in Chandigarh and Panchkula doesn’t have a Sector 13, a superstitious belief that the number 13 is bad.
Now find the latest population of Chandigarh in 2019 here