Population Of Daman 2018
Daman is a city situated in Daman and Diu, India. It is separated by the Daman Ganga River into two segments, to be particular Nani-daman and Moti-daman. The Portuguese Diogo de Melo came here in the year 1523, when heading towards Ormuz however got in a savage storm and having his vessel boat to Daman’s coast. Daman was settled as a Portuguese state and remained so for over 400 years. A greater fort was made in Motidaman in the sixteenth century to make arrangements against the Mughals who managed the territory until the point when the Portuguese arrived.
Daman is one of the fascinating places to visit in India with sea side way of live and a laid back town.
Population Of Daman In 2018:
As indicated by the 2011 statistics, Daman has a population of 191,173, generally equivalent to the country of Samoa. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Daman in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –198,300
2. 2014 –205,110
3. 2015 –219,355
4. 2016 – 231,491
5. 2017 – 238,849
Predicting the 2018 population of Daman is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 8109 people. Hence, the population of Daman in 2018 is forecast to be 238,849 + 8109.8 = 246,958. So, the population of Daman in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 246,958.
Daman Population 2018 –246,958. (estimated).
Demography Of Daman:
It has a population density of 2,655 persons per square kilometre. The population growth rate during 2001-2011 was 69.256%. Daman has a sex proportion of about 533 females for each 1,000 males and a literacy rate of 88.06%. There are a huge number of people who convey in Portuguese around here.
Population Density And Growth Of Daman:
Population density is 2700 persons per square kilometre. The population growth rate during 2001-2011 was 69.256%, which is very higher. In 2011 it had a population of about 191,173 of which male and female were 124,659 and 66,514 independently. In 2001 enrolment, the population grew to 113,989 and in a scope of 10 years the population at a persistent pace. In the past assessment of India in 2001, it recorded extension of 83.55 percent as compared to 1991. The population growth has seen a slight ascent in the decade and it is possible that the growth will proceed however at a slower rate in the years to come.
Facts About Daman:
1. The Portuguese Diogo de Melo arrived at the spot by chance in 1523, when heading to Ormuz yet got in a horrendous storm and having his watercraft blown towards Daman. Not long after Daman was settled as a Portuguese area and remained so for over 400 years.
2. Daman is the main air station of the Coast Guard and with all the runway workplaces, airplane terminal direction and other related air movement activity.
3. A huge fortress was made in Motidaman in the 16th century to make arrangements for the Mughals who administered the zone until the point when the Portuguese arrived.
4. It was joined into the Republic of India in December 1961 after a battle between the Portuguese and the Indians. The battle left over four Indians dead and around ten Portuguese dead and two harmed.
5. There are various small towns around Daman, for instance, Bhenslore and Khariwar. These towns generally go about as local areas for lower middle class families.
Now find the latest population of Daman in 2019 here