Population Of Dhanbad 2018
Dhanbad is an upcoming city in the state of Jharkhand. The city is positioned 42nd in terms of population among various urban territories in India. Dhanbad is notable for its coal mining and it is called the Coal Capital of India. The Indian School of Mines is placed in the city. Among the rail divisions of Indian Railway, Dhanbad Rail Division is the second greatest in terms of income generation. It has one parliamentary seat and around six seats in the Legislative Assembly. As mentioned above, it is popular for coal mining and one of the popular faces of bollywood, Meiyang Chang, who turned into an overnight star amid one of the seasons Indian Idol, is from here.
During the time of winter, the temperature remains around 10 °C with the most elevated being 22 °C.
Population Of Dhanbad In 2018:
As per figures of the 2011 census, Dhanbad had a population of 1,195,298.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Dhanbad in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –2.94 Million
2. 2014 –3.10 Million
3. 2015 –3.15 Million
4. 2016 – 3.21 Million
5. 2017 – 3.292 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Dhanbad is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 0.0704 Million people. Hence, the population of Dhanbad in 2018 is forecast to be 3.292 + 0.0704 Million = 3.3624 Million. So, the population of Dhanbad in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 3.3624 Million.
Dhanbad Population 2018 –3.3624 Million. (estimated).
Demography Of Dhanbad:
Males comprise of 53% of the population and females 47% respectively. Dhanbad has a literacy rate of 80.78%, higher than the national average of 74.04%. In Dhanbad, 10.57% of the population is below 5 years of age. Hinduism is the fundamental religion and Islam is the second biggest religion in the city.
Population Density And Growth Of Dhanbad:
The population density of the city is 1284 persons per square kilometre. In 2011, it had a population of 2,684,487. Males and females included 1,405,956 and 1,278,531 independently. Amid the 2001 enumeration, the city grew rapidly in numbers and had a population of 2,397,102.
There was difference in the population by 12% as compared to the population of 2001. In the past enrolment of 2001, the city recorded a growth of 22.95 percent to its population.
Facts About Dhanbad:
1. Dhanbad has a weather that is transitional between clammy subtropical climate conditions and a tropical wet and dry weather. Summer starts from March and completes in mid-June. Temperatures in summer can reach 48 °C. Dhanbad furthermore gets substantial precipitation. In winter, the temperature remains around 10 °C with the most elevated being 22 °C.
2. Observing the rising pollution in the city, the Municipal Corporation of Dhanbad needs to plant trees which can ingest unsafe gasses from the atmosphere.
3. Dhanbad formally transformed into the second town in the state to have a cricket stadium with floodlights, with the presentation of floodlights at Tata Digwadih Stadium.
4. The city started from the area of Manbhum, which was possessed by Mundari races in South Bihar.
5. Manbhum was one of the areas of the East India in the midst of the British Raj. After independence, the range transformed into an area of Bihar state, and upon re-association of the states in the mid-1950s, the locale transformed into a piece of West Bengal.