Population Of Guwahati 2018
Guwahati is the main and also the biggest city in the state of Assam. It is a significant river port city and one of the fastest growing cities in the country. The old urban communities of Pragjyotishpura and Durjaya were the capitals of Kamarupa under the Varman and Pala dynasty. Dispur, the capital of Assam and furthermore is the seat of the Government of Assam. Guwahati has a portion of the best Chinese eateries for those into food.
The Guwahati region has various wildlife, including rare animals, for instance, Asian elephants, rhinoceros and endangered winged animals. Apart from all the things mentioned above, the city is coming up with many new outlets of popular franchises and fascinating star hotels in the form of Vivanta By Taj and also the Radisson Blu.
Population Of Guwahati In 2018:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Guwahati in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –1.35 Million
2. 2014 –1.7 Million
3. 2015 –1.84 Million
4. 2016 – 1.91 Million
5. 2017 – 2.052 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Guwahati is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 0.1404 Million people. Hence, the population of Guwahati in 2018 is forecast to be 2.052 Million + 0.1404 Million = 2.1924 Million. So, the population of Guwahati in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 2.1924 Million.
Guwahati Population 2018 –2.1924 Million.(estimated).
Demography Of Guwahati:
The education rate is around 91.47% with literacy of males at 94.24% and females at 88.50%. The sex proportion of Guwahati is 933 females for each 1000 males and child sex proportion in Guwahati is at 940 girls for each 1000 boys. It is assessed that Guwahati metro will house around 2.8 Million people by 2025. Hindus contain 84%, followed by Muslims of 12.5% and other religions consist of Jainism, Sikhism, Buddhism and Christians.
Population Density And Growth Of Guwahati:
The population density of the city is 4400 persons per square kilometre. It is one of the fastest growing urban communities in India. Guwahati’s population grew from just 200,000 in 1971 to over 500,000 in 1991. By 2012 the number of people in the rapidly developing metropolitan territory had rose to 1.5 million.
The population growth of Hindus and Muslims are going on at a fast pace as of now. In the Lakhtokia territory of the city, the number of inhabitants in Muslims is growing a brisk pace when contrasted with Hindus.
Facts About Guwahati:
1. An impeccable Assamese feast begins with Khaar (a solvent dish), followed by the essential course, for instance, meat, Maasor Tenga, green verdant vegetables and Aaloo Pitika (smashed potato). Tamul (betel nut) and paan generally complete the food.
2. Guwahati is the noteworthy retail and marketing hub of the northeastern region. Multiplexes, shopping malls, new eateries and business structures have mushroomed in various parts of the city over the earlier decade.
3. The city has a GDP of $1.5 billion. Huge financial activities of Guwahati fuse transportation, business, and administrations as well as trade too.
4. Guwahati is a service center for tea manors and oil industry. It has the greatest tea sell off market in India.
5. Dance and music outline a fundamental part of life of Guwahati. Bihu dance is the most imperative folk dance of Assam and it is performed in the midst of various social activities in Guwahati.