Population Of Howrah 2018
Howrah is a famous city in West Bengal. It is the home office of the region, and it is located on the west bank of the Hooghly River. Additionally, it is a twin city of Kolkata. Howrah Station fills in as a terminal for two railroad zones of the nation: The Eastern Railway and the South Eastern Railway. There are around six other railroad stations inside the city.
The authentic background of Howrah backpedals over 500 years, yet the region is situated in a zone truly possessed by the old Bengali kingdom of Bhurshut. Venetian voyager known as Cesare Federici, who visited India in the midst of 1565–79, talked about s place called Buttor in his journal in 1578. As indicated by his portrayal, this was the range into which broad boats could travel (most likely the Hooghly River) and possibly a business port.
Population Of Howrah In 2018:
As per the 2011 India enumeration, Howrah had a population of 1,072,161. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Howrah in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –1.26 Million
2. 2014 –1.34 Million
3. 2015 –1.49 Million
4. 2016 – 1.68 Million
5. 2017 – 1.79 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Howrah is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 0.106 Million people. Hence, the population of Howrah in 2018 is forecast to be 1.79 Million + 0.106 Million = 1.896 Million. So, the population of Howrah in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 1.896 Million.
Howrah Population 2018 –1.896 Million. (estimated).
Demography Of Howrah:
Males comprise of to 52.28% of and females are 47.72%. It has a literacy rate of 89.86%. Male proficiency is 92.34%, and female literacy rate stands at 87.13%. In Howrah, 8% of its population is below 6 years of age. According to the 1896 enrollment of British India, Howrah had a population of roughly 84,069, which grew up to 157,594 in the 1901 specification. This snappy growth was a result of abundance of openings for work, which influenced in a 100% extension in male population in the midst of this period, while the female masses grew by 60%.
Population Density And Growth Of Howrah:
The population density of the city is 3300 persons per square kilometre. There was a change of 13% in the population of the city when compared with that of 2001. In the past specification of India in 2001, Howrah recorded an extension of 14.57% to its population when compared with the figures of the year 1991.
Facts About Howrah:
1. Hooghly River flows between the Howrah and Kolkata. Howrah Bridge, a cantilever traverse with one endpoint near Howrah station and the other endpoint near Shalimar station, joined the two cities.
2. Don Bosco is a standout among the best schools in the city in its northern side of Liluah, where there are various schools.
3. Gadiara is a town in Howrah. This place is where the Damodar, the Rupnarayan and the Hooghli streams meet. Gadiara is a popular excursion and day-trip spot for locals and voyagers.
4. Jute industry endured a great deal of loss in the midst of the Partition of Bengal, when the greater jute era region ended up being a piece of East Pakistan (as of now Bangladesh).
5. Even though Howrah is the second biggest city in West Bengal, it didn’t grasp legitimate base change in the latest century. Howrah is facing its persevering issues like high levels of pollution.
Now find the latest population of Howrah in 2019 here