Population Of Jammu 2018
Jammu is the biggest city situated in the Jammu Division and furthermore the winter capital of Jammu and Kashmir. It is situated on the banks of the Tawi River. It is managed by a Municipal Corporation. The city lies at uneven edges of low statures at the Shivalik slants. Jammu is encompassed by Shivalik to the north and Trikuta Range in the north-west. Jammu city is the essential social and financial point of convergence of the managerial division of Jammu.
Jammu is approximately 600 kilometers from the national capital, New Delhi.
Population Of Jammu In 2018:
As per the 2011 enumeration the number of inhabitants in Jammu was 612,163. Males represented 52.7% of the population, females numbered 47.3% of the population.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Jammu in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 – 694,229
2. 2014 – 710,394
3. 2015 – 731,440
4. 2016 – 749,505
5. 2017 – 768,469
Predicting the 2018 population of Jammu is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 14,848 people. Hence, the population of Jammu in 2018 is forecast to be 768,469 + 18,848 = 783,317. So, the population of Jammu in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 783,317.
Jammu Population 2018 –783,317. (estimated).
Demography Of Jammu:
As of the 2011 specification, the number of occupants in Jammu was 612,163. Males constituted around 52.7% and females numbered 47.3% of the population. The sex proportion of Jammu was 898 females for 1,000 males. The average literacy rate of 89.66%, significantly higher when contrasted with the national average of 74.4%: Literacy levels of males were 93.13% and female 85.82%. Most of Jammu and Kashmir‘s Hindus live in the Jammu district and are solidly related to the Punjabi community in the Punjab. Various individuals speak Dogri, earlier considered a tongue of Punjabi. Dogri is a dialect of Punjabi on the premise of phonetic utilize and vocabulary.
Total Literacy rate of Jammu is 83.98%. This infers 83.98 out of 100 people of age more than 6 years are educated or proficient. Jammu is situated 1 as far as literacy rate out of total 22 areas of Jammu and Kashmir.
Population Density And Growth Of Jammu:
The population density of the city is 596 persons per square kilometre. The population growth has been fluctuating and in the current years the pattern will proceed. At present, the number of Muslim populace has been growing at a quick rate and the same can be said in regards to the Hindu population.
Facts About Jammu:
1. Jammu, like the rest of north-western part of India has a moist subtropical climate.
2. Jammu city is the essential social and financial point of convergence of the managerial division of Jammu.
3. Jammu spreads around the Tawi conduit with the old city overlooking it from the north, while the new neighborhoods spread around the southern part of the stream.
4. Various history authorities and local individuals trust that Jammu was set up by Raja Jambu Lochan in the fourteenth century BC. In the midst of one of his hunting experience, he went to the Tawi River and there he saw a goat and a lion drinking water at a similar spot. Having satisfied their thirst, the animals went their own particular ways.
5. The city has genuinely been the capital of Jammu Province and the winter capital of the east.