Population Of Madurai 2018
Madurai is an important city and social home office of Tamil Nadu. It is the administrative home office of Madurai District and the third biggest city in terms of area and furthermore the third biggest city in the state. Madurai has been a critical settlement for two centuries and is one of the oldest urban areas on the planet. The city is almost associated with the Tamil vernacular and the third Tamil Sangam, an essential congregation of Tamil researchers is said to have been held in the city. The city is novel in its own particular manner and you can become more acquainted with the historical backdrop of Madurai by going to this wonderful place with your loved ones.
The Gandhi Memorial Museum is one of the popular attractions of Madurai and it is totally filled in with tourists from all over the country.
Population Of Madurai In 2018:
According to the 2011 enumeration, the city had a population of 1.4 Million. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Madurai in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –1.7 Million
2. 2014 –1.95 Million
3. 2015 –2.3 Million
4. 2016 – 2.7 Million
5. 2017 – 2.94 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Madurai is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 0.248 Million people. Hence, the population of Madurai in 2018 is forecast to be 2.94 Million + 0.248 Million = 3.188 Million. So, the population of Madurai in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 3.188 Million.
Madurai Population 2018 –3.188 Million. (estimated).
Demography Of Madurai:
According to the religious assessment of 2011, Madurai had 85.8% Hindus, 9% Muslims and about 5.7% Christians. Tamil is spoken by the majority and the standard language. Saurashtrian is the essential dialect of the Patnulkarars who moved from Gujarat in the sixteenth century. The literacy was around 81.95%, which was higher than the national average of 72.99%. There were a total of 391,315 laborers, including 1,224 cultivators, 388 peripheral cultivators and 25,167 other marginal specialists.
Population Density And Growth Of Madurai:
The population density is 823 persons per square kilometre. The abatement in the population growth rate from 1981 and 2001 was a result of the bifurcation of Madurai region into Madurai and Dindigul in 1984 and along these lines some portion of Madurai into the Theni locale in 1997. The yearly population growth rate dropped from 4.10% to 1.27% in the midst of 1991–2004. The city has a population growth rate of 17.84% and the number of inhabitants living in the city is growing.
Facts About Madurai:
1. Cotton crop development in the zone with dark soil in Madurai begun in the midst of the Nayaka rule amid the sixteenth century to extend the salary from cultivation.
2. The city pulls in innumerable number of individuals from inside the country and abroad. Around 9,100,000 people visited the city in 2010, including 524,000 foreign vacationers.
3. It has a couple of radio stations, including the state-asserted All India Radio and private channels like Radio Mirchi.
4. Lawfulness is actualized by the Tamil Nadu Police, which, for administrative purposes has constituted the city as an alternate area.
5. Madurai Junction is the primary railroad station serving the city. It is a basic railroad intersection in south Tamil Nadu and is one of the principle 100 booking stations in Indian Railways.
Now find the latest population of Madurai in 2019 here