Population Of Meerut 2018
Meerut is a city situated in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It is an old city with settlements backpedaling to the Indus Valley civilization having been found in and around the area. The city is located around 453 km northwest of Lucknow. In the midst of the rule of Akbar the Great from 1556–1605, there was a mint for copper coins over here. Amid the destruction of the Mughal Empire, the city came reasonably under the control of the Saiyids of Muzaffarnagar in the north and the Gujars in the south-west.
Meerut has a charm of its own with an old school feel to the city in its interior parts.
Population Of Meerut In 2018:
According to the 2011 enumeration, the number of inhabitants in Meerut was 1,309,023. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Meerut in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –1.5 Million
2. 2014 –1.65 Million
3. 2015 –1.8 Million
4. 2016 – 1.95 Million
5. 2017 – 2.076 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Meerut is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 0.1152 Million people . Hence, the population of Meerut in 2018 is forecast to be 2.076 Million + 0.1152 Million = 2.1912 Million. So, the population of Meerut in the year 2018 as per estimated data = 2.1912 Million.
Meerut Population 2018 –2.1912 Million. (estimated).
Demography Of Meerut:
The sex proportion of Meerut is 888, lower than the state average of 908. 12.41% of the population of the city is under 6 years of age. In terms of crime rates the city tops it at 310%, which is certainly higher when compared to the state average of 96.4%. The literacy rate of the city is 78.29% and it is also higher than the state average of 69%.
Population Density And Growth Of Meerut:
The population density of the city is 9200 persons per square kilometre. It has a good population growth per year and has brought about an expansion in the number of individuals living in Meerut. When contrasted with the statistics of 2001, the number of females in the city grew quickly and furthermore the decade population growth better in 2011 when contrasted with that of 2001.
Facts About Meerut:
1. Meerut was moreover the setting of the debatable Meerut Conspiracy Case in March 1929, in which a couple of trade unionists, including three Englishmen were caught for dealing with Indian-rail strike. This in a split second got consideration in England and made way for the 1932 play titled, Meerut Prisoners.
2. The last session of the Indian National Congress before Indian self-governance was held at Victoria Park in the city on 26 November 1946. In this session the Constitution counseling board of trustees was constituted.
3. In 2006 a fire in Victoria Park Stadium killed around 100 people, with specialists formally affirming 45 fatalities, regardless of the way that a specific figure on a toll was difficult to put and was expected to be significantly higher.
4. The name of the city originated from the Maya Rashtra. Mayasur was the Father in Law of Ravan and a Pandit of Ramayana. Mandodari, the life partner of Ravana was the local of Meerut and from then onward it was generally called Ravan ki Sasural.
5. The first revolt of Independence started in Meerut in 1857, which is known as the First War of Independence.