Population Of Meghalaya 2018
Meghalaya is a state in north-east India. The name suggests the abode of mists in Sanskrit. The number of occupants in the state according to 2014 is assessed to be 3,211,474. Meghalaya covers a domain of approximately 22,430 square kilometers with a length to broadness extent of around 3:1.
It is bound toward the south by the Bangladeshi divisions of Sylhet and Mymensingh and to the east by Assam. The capital is Shillong, known as the Scotland of the East. Meghalaya in the earlier years was a piece of Assam, yet on 21 January 1972, the locales of Khasi, Garo and Jaintia slopes transformed into the territory of Meghalaya. English is the official authority dialect of the state.
Population Of Meghalaya In 2018:
The number of inhabitants in Meghalaya as per 2011 has been assessed at 2,964,007 of which females include 1,492,668 and males 1,471,339.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Meghalaya in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 – 3.14 Million
2. 2014 – 3.23 Million
3. 2015 – 3.32 Million
4. 2016 – 3.40 Million
5. 2017 – 3.47 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Meghalaya is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 0.066 Million people. Hence, the population of Meghalaya in 2018 is forecast to be 3.47 Million + 0.066 Million = 3.536 Million. So, the population of Meghalaya in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 3.536 Million.
Meghalaya Population 2018 –3.536 Million.(estimated).
Demography Of Meghalaya:
Tribal people make up most of its population. The Khasis are the biggest gathering, trailed by the Garos and after that Jaintias. They were among those referred to the British as Hilly tribes. Meghalaya recorded the most vital decennial population growth of 27.82% among every one of the states of the Northeast, as per the enumeration 2011. There was a decent measure of population growth from 2001-2011. It is one of three states in the country to have a Christian majority. 75% of the population puts stock in Christianity, with, Baptist and Catholics the more essential areas. The religion of the overall public in Meghalaya is solidly related to their ethnicity.
Population Density And Growth Of Meghalaya:
The population density is 132 persons per square kilometre. The total population growth in this decade was 27.95% while in before it was 29.94%. The number of occupants in Meghalaya shapes 0.25% of India in 2011. In the year 2001, the figure was 0.23%. The population growth of the state has been higher as compared to the national average in the latest decade
Facts About Meghalaya:
1. The state is predominately possessed by the Khasis, the Jaintias and the Garo tribes. The Khasi Hills and Jaintia Hills which outline the central and eastern side of Maghalaya from an imposing plateau.
2. The Garo Hills which outline the western part of the state is lower in elevation. The greater part of Garo Hills go in from 450 m to 600 m and drop profoundly to the Brahmaputra valley on the north side and to the fields of Bangladesh to the south.
3. Meghalaya is particularly influenced by the south west rainstorm and the Northeast winter winds.
4. The vast majority of the population in the state are Tribal people. The biggest tribal gatherings in Meghalaya are the Khasi people.
5. Around 70 percent of the people in Meghalaya have Christianity as their religion. Around 13 percent go for Hinduism, while 4 % follow Islam as their religion.