Population Of Mumbai 2018
Mumbai is the capital of Maharashtra. It is the most swarmed city in India and the ninth most crowded agglomeration on the planet. Alongside the neighbouring areas of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region, it is a standout among the most populated urban regions on the planet and the second most packed metropolitan zone in the country, with a population of 20.7 million according to 2011.
The city lies on the west shore of India and has a significant common harbor. In 2009, it was named an alpha world city. It is in like manner the wealthiest city in the nation and has the highest GDP of any city in Asia. Mumbai has the most significant number of rich individuals and magnates among all urban areas in India.
Additionally, the city is a hub of Indian Cinema and most of the movies are shot here in Film City.
Population Of Mumbai In 2018:
As per the 2011 statistics, the number of inhabitants in Mumbai was 12,479,608. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Mumbai in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 – 21 Million
2. 2014 – 21.5 Million
3. 2015 – 22 Million
4. 2016 – 23 Million
5. 2017 – 23.5 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Mumbai is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 0.5 Million people. Hence, the population of Mumbai in 2018 is forecast to be 23.5 Million + 0.5 Million = 24 Million. So, the population of Mumbai in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 24 Million.
Mumbai Population 2018 –24 Million.(estimated).
Demography Of Mumbai:
Sixteen critical languages of India are moreover spoken in the city, the basic dialect being Marathi, Hindi, English and Gujarati. English is generally spoken and is the focal tongue of the city’s office workforce. The religious gatherings in the city according to 2011 consolidate Hindus (65.99%), Muslims (22%), Jains (5%), Buddhists (4.10%), Christians (3.3%), Sikhs (0.58%) and Parsi’s making up the rest of the aggregate population in the city.
Population Density And Growth Of Mumbai:
The population growth is surveyed to be around 20,482 persons per square kilometre. Mumbai has experienced quick development throughout late years, which has provoked an extended number of people living in ghettos and has lifted the development of its greatest ghetto, Dharavi. The Malad-Dahisar region in the west is growing at a rapid pace, growing close to 20% in the latest 10 decades. The north is growing impressively more when contrasted with the southern areas.
Facts About Mumbai:
1. Mumbai sea link, known as Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link has a length of 5.6 KM. It is an auxiliary ponder as it was made with 90,000 tons of bond and steel wire for all intents and purposes indistinguishable to the circumference of the earth.
2. Typically wildlife parks are located on the field, however Sanjay Gandhi National Park is placed in the core of Mumbai. Partitioning the western and central piece of the city, this park covers around 104 sq km area with around 6300 species.
3. Ganesh Chaturthi is the most well known 10 day festivity in Mumbai which brings the whole city to the street.
4. It its name from Goddess Mumba Devi Mandir and it is situated at Bori Bunde in Mumbai.
5. Antilia is a 27 story ponder house owned by India’s wealthiest businessman, Mukesh Ambani. Its current cost is about 1 billion.
Now find the latest population of Mumbai in 2019 here