Population Of Panaji 2018
Panaji is the capital of Goa and the headquarters of North Goa zone. It is located on the banks of the Mandovi River estuary in the Tiswadi taluka. Panaji infers the land that never surges. It has terraced slants, solid structures with shades and red-tiled housetops, places of worship and a riverside promenade.
There are streets fixed with gulmohar, acacia and diverse trees. It is the principal city in India to be founded on an arranged network system. Panaji has been picked as one of the hundred Indian urban communities to be made as a smart city under PM Narendra Modi’s Smart Cities Mission.
Population Of Panaji In 2018:
Amid the 2011 enumeration of India, Panjim had a population of 114,405. Males represented 52% of the population and females 48%.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Panaji in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 – 169,339
2. 2014 – 188,230
3. 2015 – 208,904
4. 2016 – 225,402
5. 2017 – 241,041
Predicting the 2018 population of Panaji is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 14,340 people. Hence, the population of Panaji in 2018 is forecast to be 241,041 + 14,340 = 255,381. So, the population of Panaji in the year 2018 as per estimated data = 255,381.
Panaji Population 2018 –255,381. (estimated).
Demography Of Panaji :
In the midst of the 2011 enlistment of India, it had a population of 114,405. It had a normal rate of proficiency of 90.9%, male education was 94.6% and female 86.9%. In the city, 9.6% of its population was under 7 years of age.
The literacy rate of Panaji Agglomeration is 90.98%, which is more than National Urban rate of 85 %. Literacy rate for male and female for the city stayed at 93.52 % and 88.27 % independently. Moreover, the city has the third greatest centralization of the Hindu populace.
Population Density And Growth Of Panaji :
The population density of Panaji is 72.12 persons per square kilometre. The city has a population growth rate on the direct side and in the current years the number of occupants in the city has grown essentially. Many individuals of the more youthful era are moving to different urban communities and consequently many resigned individuals have begun to come here and settle down. The growth rate of population of Panaji is relied upon to proceed in a similar example in the coming years.
Facts About Panaji :
1. Panaji was included by India with rest of Goa and the past Portuguese areas in the Indian expansion of Portuguese India in 1961 from Portuguese rule. Panaji transformed into a state-capital on Goa’s stature to statehood in the year 1987. During 1961 and 1987, it was the capital of the Union Territory of Goa, Daman and Diu.
2. Panaji has been picked as one of the hundred Indian urban areas to be made as a smart city under PM Narendra Modi’s Smart Cities Mission.
3. The word Panaji is taken from the words panjani and khali, which implies a watercraft and a little river independently in Sanskrit. Additionally, Panaji is a degenerate kind of the old word Panjanakhani as engraved on the discovered Panaji copper-plates dated around 1059 CE.
4. Dona Paula is the converging point for two of Goa’s popular streams, Zuari and Mandovi. These two conduits meet at the Arabian Sea.
5. Miramar Beach is one of the more crowded shorelines in Goa, which remains full with global vacationers reliably.
Now find the latest population of Panaji in 2019 here