Population Of Port Blair 2018
Port Blair is the capital of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and it is a union territory of India situated in the Bay of Bengal. Port Blair is the base camp of the Andaman and Nicobar Police. It is also the headquarters for the Indian zone of South Andaman and the principle town of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Port Blair is furthermore the local regulatory sub-division of the islands. The city is the central command of Andaman and Nicobar Administration. Each and every division of UT Government as well as Central Government is working from the city.
Port Blair has been picked as one of the hundred Indian cities to be made as a smart city under PM Narendra Modi’s Smart Cities Mission.
Population Of Port Blair In 2018:
As per the 2011 India evaluation, Port Blair had a population of 100,608. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Port Blair in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –122,409
2. 2014 –129,400
3. 2015 –138,100
4. 2016 – 143,993
5. 2017 – 149,870
Predicting the 2018 population of Port Blair is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 5492 people. Hence, the population of Port Blair in 2018 is forecast to be 149,870 + 5492 = 155,362. So, the population of Port Blair in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 155,362.
Port Blair Population 2018 –155,362. (estimated)
Demography Of Port Blair:
Males in Port Blair represent 53% of the population and females 47%. It has a literacy rate of 89.76%, higher than the national average of 74.04%. Male literacy is 92.79% and female 86.34% and also 9.3% of the population is under 6 years of age. The fundamental religion is Hinduism, trailed by Christianity and Islam. Bengali is the most spoken tongue of the city after by Hindi and Tamil.
Population Density And Growth Of Port Blair:
The population density is 60 persons per square kilometre. The population development has been slow when contrasted with different urban areas in the nation. It is not a place where individuals originate from various parts of the nation to migrate here yet rather a tourist destination. The general population over here is for the most part of the local tribes and ethnic individuals. The population growth in the last 5 years has gone up however and it is estimated that the rate of population growth will be the same in the years to come.
Facts About Port Blair:
1. The town survived the Indian Ocean Earthquake completely such that it went about as a base for the rescue. It is intentionally placed to reach every one of the regions that were decimated by the Tsunami.
2. The city has an advanced education level than some other parts of India at 89.76%.
3. If you are searching for some water-sports, you should make a beeline for Port Blair.
4. During World War II the islands were controlled by the Japanese on 23rd March 1942 without resistance from the force. Inside hours the Japanese began looting, tormenting and killing in what got the chance to be known as the Port Blair butchers. In the midst of the accompanying three and a half years the Japanese presented different enormities against the tenants, including confinement, servitude, compelled work, torment, mass executions, obliged ejection, suffocating and starvation.
5. Port Blair has a tropical Monsoon climate that sees little assortment in temperature. It gets precipitation reliably, beside the long stretches of January, February and March. Whenever you visit the city, you will get the opportunity to see a good climate.
Now find the latest population of Port Blair in 2019 here