Population Of Punjab 2018
Punjab is located in Northern India, surrounding some portion of the greater Punjab region. The state is bordered by Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan and the Pakistani area of Punjab. Its capital is Chandigarh, a Union Territory besides the capital of the neighbouring province of Haryana.
After 1947, the Punjab region of British India was apportioned among India and Pakistan. The Indian Punjab was partitioned in 1966 with the advancement of Haryana and Himachal Pradesh alongside the current state with Punjab. Punjab is the solitary Sikh dominated state in India. Punjab is also widely known for its ever delicious food items and one should try all the delicacies when being in Punjab.
Population Of Punjab In 2018:
As indicated by the 2011 Indian Census, the number of inhabitants in Indian Punjab is 27,704,236.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Punjab in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 – 28.4 Million
2. 2014 – 28.7 Million
3. 2015 – 29.1 Million
4. 2016 – 29.6 Million
5. 2017 – 29,924 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Punjab is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by 0.2448 approximate Million people. Hence, the population of Punjab in 2018 is forecast to be 29,924 Million + 0.2448 Million = 30, 1688 Million. So, the population of Punjab in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 30, 1688 Million.
Punjab Population 2018 –30, 1688 Million. (estimated).
Demography Of Punjab:
The literacy rate of the state is 75%, with male literacy is 80.23% and female literacy level is 68.36%. As of the 2011 data records, the sex proportion of the state was 895 females for 1000 males. It has the second least sex proportion among other states of the nation. Since the state is into horticultural state, a broad piece of the population lives in rustic regions. Roughly 66% of the people live in country zones while the other 34% are urban tenants.
Sikhism is the main religion in Punjab, followed by 58% of the population. Hinduism is placed second with 38.5%. Before the appearance of Islam and later birth of Sikhism, Hinduism was the essential religion followed by the Punjabi individuals
Population Density And Growth Of Punjab:
The population density of the state is 551 persons per square kilometre. The population is growing at a better than average rate every year from the time of Independence. The number of people in Punjab in 1991 was assessed to be 20.19 million. It achieved 24.3 million preceding the end of 2001. Around 20% of total Population in Punjab is transitory from various locales in India.
Facts About Punjab:
1. It has its International Airport in Amritsar. The state is additionally very much associated with roadways, railways and aviation.
2. Agribusiness is the establishment of Punjab. The real items are wheat, rice and cotton. There are a couple of sustenance based business wanders. The state is the best producer of Wheat in India. There are a couple of other tremendous scale business enterprises.
3. The climate of Punjab is differing. It can be to a great degree cool in winters and incredibly hot in the late spring season.
Now find the latest population of Punjab in 2019 here