Population Of Rajkot 2018
Rajkot is the fourth biggest city of the state of Gujarat. The city is the 35th-greatest urban agglomeration in India with around 1.2 million people in 2011. Rajkot is moreover the 22nd-fastest growing city on the planet. It was the capital of the Saurashtra State from 1948 to 1956, before its merger with Bombay State on 1 November 1956. Rajkot was reincorporated into Gujarat State from 1 May 1960.
Rajkot has been under different rulers since it was set up. The city has a long history and had a basic part in the Indian freedom movement. The city was home for a few personalities like Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. The city is also famous for its street food that attracts locals with its amazing tastes.
Population Of Rajkot In 2018:
According to the registration of 2011, the number of inhabitants in the city was 1.2 Million. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Rajkot in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –1.42 Million
2. 2014 –1.51 Million
3. 2015 –1.6 Million
4. 2016 – 1.7 Million
5. 2017 – 1.78 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Rajkot is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 0.072 Million people. Hence, the population of Rajkot in 2018 is forecast to be 1.78 Million + 0.072 Million = 1.852 Million. So, the population of Rajkot in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 1.852 Million.
Rajkot Population 2018 –1.852 Million. (estimated).
Demography Of Rajkot:
According to the 2011 India enrollment, it had a total population of 1,390,640. The city has a proficiency rate of 82.20%, higher when compared it with the national average. The population is around 52.43% male and 47.47% female. Majority out here are Hindu with a Muslim minority. The overall public in the city is overwhelmingly vegetarian and is against any form of hunting. The women of the city are appended to diamonds. Broad chains and other distinctive gold decorations are a regular sight in the midst of festivities and marriages. One can find various vernaculars, like Gujarati, English, Urdu, Hindi, Bengali and Marathi.
Population Density And Growth Of Rajkot:
The population density of Rajkot is 7600 persons per square kilometre. The population growth has been unfaltering in the current years and it has a decade population growth rate of 38% in the year 2011. The following evaluation would be in 2021 and there are chances that amid that year the decade growth recorded would be higher when contrasted with the current decade population growth rate.
Facts About Rajkot:
1. It is well known for silver, Bandhani sarees, diamonds and a National weaving institute which propels standard weaves.
2. It certainly has a rich social history and is similarly associated with the country’s freedom battle. It is the place where Mahatma Gandhi spent the starting years of his life.
3. It is a religious center and is a must visit city for those charmed by pioneer history and design.
4. The Watson Museum has a social occasion of humanity culture and history. The museum’s accumulation has important objects of provincial time of the country and History of Rajkot. Located in the beguiling Jubilee Garden, the museum is a good introduction to Saurashtra’s social heritage.
5. It was a past British government headquarters and still has different gigantic structures and informational associations which help one to recall the city’s past.