Population Of Shillong 2018
Shillong is the capital and a delightful slope station of Meghalaya. Shillong is additionally the central command of the East Khasi Hills district and is situated at a normal elevation of 4,908 feet above sea level, with the most critical point being Shillong Peak at 6,449 feet. It has a population of 143,007 as showed by the 2011 identification. It is said that the moving slants around the town helped the European pioneers to recall Scotland. From this time forward, they in like manner suggested it as the Scotland of the East. Shillong has reliably grown in size since it was made the basic station of the Khasi and Jaintia Hills in 1864 by the British.
Population Of Shillong In 2018:
As per the 2011 India registration, Shillong City urban/metropolitan population numbered at 354,325 of which 176,591 are males and 177,734 females.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Shillong in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 – 162,405
2. 2014 – 169,694
3. 2015 – 183,340
4. 2016 – 198,246
5. 2017 – 207,573
Predicting the 2018 population of Shillong is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 9033 people. Hence, the population of Shillong in 2018 is forecast to be 207,573 + 9033 = 216,606 So, the population of Shillong in the year 2018 as per estimated data = 216,606.
Shillong Population 2018 –216,606. (estimated).
Demography Of Shillong:
The literacy rate of the city is 86%, higher when contrasted with the national average of 63.5%. Khasis make up a large portion of the population; however the rate of Khasi people in the city continues to fall as a delayed consequence of the broad number of vagrants from other Indian states. Christianity is followed by 46.50 % of its population at the 2011 list. Presbyterianism and diverse groups of Protestants and Roman Catholics make up the Christian population in Shillong. Countless population of Shillong follows the main Khasi religion: Niam Khasi and Niamtre. Hinduism is followed in gigantic numbers in the city, molding around 42.00 % of its population at 2011 enlistment.
Population Density And Growth Of Shillong:
The population density of the city is 234 persons per square kilometre. The population growth rate has been growing and this has brought developing number of people. With the expansion of population, it has likewise made the nature of air terrible as it was previously. The population growth rate has bounced altogether and there have been a lot of individuals relocating to Shillong as well.
Facts About Shillong:
1. The Elephant Gait and the Elephant Falls are located near Upper Shillong. These are flawless sights especially in the stormy season and are well known trip spots among local individuals.
2. Shillong Peak, the most elevated sight of the city is located 5 km toward the south of Shillong and is 1961 meters in stature.
3. The Ward Lake is a noteworthy visitor site of Shillong. It is a horseshoe-formed reproduced lake lying underneath the Raj Bhavan.
4. It is subject to fancies of the rainstorm. The rainstorm seasons arrives in June and it rains almost until the end of August. The climate is hot and sodden in the midst of summers yet crisp in the midst of winters.
5. Shillong was a small town till the year 1864, when it transformed into the new station of the Khasi and Jaintia slopes. It remained the late spring capital of Eastern Bengal and Assam for quite a while.