Population Of Srinagar 2018
Srinagar is the midyear capital of Jammu and Kashmir and also the biggest city of the state. Located on the banks of the Jhelum River, a tributary of the Indus. Srinagar is notable for its greenery walled in areas, waterfronts and houseboats. It is furthermore known for regular Kashmiri made works and dried natural items.
After India and Pakistan’s freedom, villagers around Poonch began a furnished dissent at the continuation run of the Maharaja on 17 August 1947. In context of the Poonch uprising, certain Pashtun tribes, for instance, Mehsud and Afridi from the district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa of Pakistan entered the Kashmir valley to catch it on 22 October 1947. Srinagar is a spectacular place with a lot of things on offer for tourists.
Population Of Srinagar In 2018:
As per the 2011 evaluation, Srinagar urban agglomeration had a population of 1,273,312. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Srinagar in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 – 1.38 Million
2. 2014 – 1.43 Million
3. 2015 – 1.47 Million
4. 2016 – 1.53 Million
5. 2017 – 1.576 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Srinagar is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 0.0392 Million people. Hence, the population of Srinagar in 2018 is forecast to be 1.576 Million + 0.0392 Million = 1.6152 Million. So, the population of Srinagar in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 1.6152 Million.
Srinagar Population 2018 –1.6152 Million. (estimated).
Demography Of Srinagar:
The city has an education rate of about 70%, while the national a average is 74.04%. The population of kids in Srinagar of the city is 12% of the total population. Males consists of 53.0% and females 47.0% of the population. The sex proportion is 888 females for each 1000 males, while in the urban agglomeration it is 880 for every 1000. The main religion of Srinagar is Islam with 96% of the population following Islam. Hindus constitute the second greatest religious gatherings consisting of 2.75% of the number of inhabitants in Srinagar. The rest of the masses comprises of Sikhs, Buddhist and Jains.
Population Density And Growth Of Srinagar:
The population density of the city is 703 persons per square kilometre. The city will be a troublesome urban space or even sprawl in the next decade. With the development in population and demography, the growth rate is depended upon to quicken. The growth rate currently is 24% and there has been an expansion in the speed of the growth of Muslim and Hindu population in Srinagar.
Facts About Srinagar:
1. Srinagar is acclaimed for its greenery fenced areas and houseboats. It is moreover known for regular Kashmiri created works and dried natural items.
2. The Hindu and the Buddhist run of Srinagar continued until the fourteenth century when the Kashmir valley, including the city, went under the control of the couple of Muslim rulers, including the Mughals.
3. Srinagar is located on both the sides of the Jhelum River, which is called as Vyath in Kashmir. The conduit flows through the city and meanders through the valley, pushing forward and stretching out in the Dal Lake.
4. The city is famous for its nine old scaffolds, interfacing the two segments of the city.
5. Visiting Srinagar includes Dal Lake, Mughal Gardens, Hazratbal mosque and many more spectacular attractions. Extra sights in the city are Shankaracharya Temple and the remarkable Sikh Gurudwara Chatti Padshahi.