Population Of Visakhapatnam 2018
Visakhapatnam is the biggest city in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The city is located on the bank of Bay of Bengal in the north east zone of Andhra Pradesh. It is the administrative headquarters of Visakhapatnam region and furthermore the Financial Capital of the state. According to 2011, the number of people was recorded at 2,035,922, making it the fourteenth biggest city in India.
Its economy is placed as the tenth-greatest among Indian cities, with a GDP of around $26 Billion (USD). Visakhapatnam is the principal business focal point of the state and adds to its economy in various zones, for instance, tourism, angling and so forth.
Population Of Visakhapatnam In 2018:
According to the 2011 registration, the number of inhabitants in the city was recorded at 2,035,922.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Visakhapatnam in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –2.4 Million
2. 2014 –2.8 Million
3. 2015 –3.1 Million
4. 2016 – 3.5 Million
5. 2017 – 3.78 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Visakhapatnam is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 0.276 Million people. Hence, the population of Visakhapatnam in 2018 is forecast to be 3.78 Million + 0.276 Million = 4.056 Million. So, the population of Visakhapatnam in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 4.056 Million.
Visakhapatnam Population 2018 –4.056 Million (estimated).
Demography Of Visakhapatnam:
There were a total of 1,279,137 literates in the city and 6,88,678 were male and 5,90,459 were female. The literacy of the city was 81.79%. There were about 164,129 in the age of 0–6 years. It is ranked 122nd in the summary of fastest growing cities on the planet. Its population expanded after the improvement of the city limits. Hinduism is followed by the predominant majority, followed by Islam and Christianity.
Population Density And Growth Of Visakhapatnam:
The population density is 3800 persons per square kilometre. There has been a steady growth in terms of population and it is assessed that the city will improve its pace as per the population growth rate in the coming years.
Facts About Visakhapatnam:
1. The city is a cosmopolitan mix of people from various parts of India. From a population of a few thousand in the midst of the eighteenth and mid nineteenth century, the population has grown developed determinedly. Its population increased from 1990 to 2000, as a result of a tremendous transient population from incorporating regions and diverse parts of the country.
2. Hinduism is followed by most of its locals, trailed by Islam and Christianity.
3. Telugu is the official dialect spoken in the city
4. Visakhapatnam has transformed into a critical financial destination. It has each one of the divisions like Fishing, Export and Imports by means of Sea exchange.
5. Hindu writings express that in the midst of the fifth century BC, Visakhapatnam area was a piece of Kalinga region, which connected with the Godavari River. Relics found in the zone moreover exhibit the presence of a Buddhist domain in the area. Kalinga later lost the area to King Ashoka in the biggest conflict of itstime, which prompted Ashoka to take Buddhism.